2/12/2011

Life is but a Stepping Stone

How quickly you want time to go by in some aspects and yet slow in others. Can time operate one seperate continuums?... It has been six months today since my mom left her temporary home. In this I find wonder, pain, peace, joy, and gratitude. Gratitude for the life my mother lead, and gratitude that I was able to be such an intimate part of that. The memories I hold are the roses in the midst of our decemebers, the sunshine you find on a cloudy day, and will forever keep her alive within.

The joy that comes from knowing a beautiful angel has been added to the concourses of  God's angels cheering us on, walking the path alongside, and taking our hand each time we tumble. The joy of knowing she is still there, her agenda was complete here but she had yet another plan to attend to on the other side.

I'm grateful for the experience I have gained, the relationships that have been strengthened, and for the steps this has brought me take, steps closer to our Savior. The pain may forever be there, but I am not asking for it to go away, it is a scar I am willing to hold and share with those around me forever. This scar is a reminder of the love that exist, the love that can and must exist with each of us. Love is a far from simple word, but love is what created us, what started our life here on earth, love sustains us through life, and the most ultimate and unconditional love is what will bring us back home. Love.

So CHEERS, a toast to my Mother, a daughter of our Father in Heaven, a choice spirit that has finally returned home after a glorious journey, to a life lived that will continue on through the lifes of her children, family, and friends, an added hero to the map that will guide us back home. Thank you for your time, I love you mom!


3 comments:

  1. Did you come up with all of that? That was beautiful And I didn't realize it's been 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Hadlee, you're awesome. Come home and visit me soon please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had that was very well said! and you are so strong and so true to yourself. I'm so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete