2/04/2011

Hadlee Rose Dining

Yes i'm a chef! ok maybe not really but i'm sure trying. It's amazing the things i'm learning, for instance did you know that tomatoes should not be refrigerated? yes i NEVER knew that, also I could tell you what fruits/veggies you should buy organic and which ones don't matter! I know what Feta, Ricotta, Swiss, shredded mozzerella, grated parmesan, shredded paremesan cheese all are ha ha i've never cooked with so many different cheeses! Never really liked cheese that much quite honestly, but now it's my staple food in meals!    I won't go into detail on all that I've cooked up but my husband did make the remark last night "vegetarian meals really are delicious" AHA if I can convince Spencer, the BIGGEST meat lover to say such a thing i must be amazing! Totally kidding!    One meal I would like to mention is Potato Gnocchi, what an interesting food! It's a cross between pasta and a dumpling and quite a process for someone whose use to immediate satisfaction food! But all the time was worth it! and as for tonight goes, well my shift today was cut at work due to lack of pay roll hours, sad, but now I can prepare a quite romantice dinner for Spencer and I, I think i might even use our dinnerware that my Mom bought us for our wedding (it's still packaged up from the wedding never been used) along with a beautiful table cloth, candlelight, and a chick flick to follow haha so on the menu is Stuffed Acorn Squash, beautiful strawberry salad, and for desert Pecan Phyllo Spirals! mmmm wish me luck!  Oh and don't worry i'm still asking people in the grocery store what certain items are, phyllo dough? what does fresh basil look like? how do I know what a good Acorn Squash looks like? and even asked if there is such thing as pre shredded swiss cheese? (that last one I still haven't found I just buy it in the block)

No comments:

Post a Comment