1/24/2011

Random

I have so many random thoughts, ideas, and pictures! Bare with me ha ha speaking of "bare with me" Spencer and I are giving our "welcome to the ward" talk this sunday, it'll be interesting! luckily I go first and get to do the introductions for spence I both have two TOTALLY seperate stories about our dating past, needless to say mine is a little bit more sweet then his! :)  Also we have a calling, drum roll please....... CTR five, 8 boys, 0 girls! Very loud and rowdy, apple and orange slices along with crackers will be the weekly treat to help keep their mouths busy, last sunday one kid made anothers' lip bleed! After our first week can you say birth control?! kidding... kinda ;)

First off i'm partial to change and as Spence and I were laying down one night we decided we are ready for a change in decor. In this area Spencer and I could be no different, he wants the cream, burgundy or red, brown, tan, colors, like what below. This does NOTHING for me, pretty color yes but I want something that WOW's me, interesting to the eye! 
 I'm a fanatic for wallpaper! haven't lived anywhere where i can actually use it yet (rentals) but when i can, oh  man will I be in heaven. I love loud colors and prints are my favorite! Vintage with a modern twist!


So how do we compromise? i've been wondering this past weekend what we coul do, well today at Anthro I came up with an answer. Wish I had pictures of my vision but i can't find anything quite right! especially since i can't use wallpaper for it. Anways i'll give spence his cream walls, one will be covered in this amazing wood work I found and white picture frames and the other wall I will rubber stamp a light yellow design on. Also we don't have a headboard so i'm debating painting one on the wall! or making it out of plywood and material, we'll see. Of course this is all ideas i'm throwing around in that head of mine.


Ok for those who haven't seen Julie and Julia, first off go rent it, darling show! It's about a lady who starts a blog as she works her way through Julia Childs cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", she gave herself a year to make every recipe in that book, 524 recipes! As we watched it last night it left me wanting to do something such as Julie did, make my way through a cookbook! And I want to try new vegetarian recipes, for those who know me i'm not much of a cook, AT ALL! This year I really want to cook more, plus Spence is sick of our random meals i'm sure :) 

 Well I recieved this vegetarian cookbook for our wedding from my fellow Veggie lover, my cousin Talise! I'm debating making my way through this recipe book, of course adding meat everynow and again so Spencer doesn't kill me! but they have cheap, easy, and fun recipes i'd love to try! I don't know just a thought after watching the movie last night!


No comments:

Post a Comment